Aim: To recognize the best papers published in the IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
Prize: $500 for Best Paper, $250 for each of two Best Discipline Papers, and Certificates
Support: Funded by the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
Eligibility: Authors of papers relating to field of Vehicular Communications, Vehicular Electronics and Transportation published in the VTS Transactions during the year preceding the award
Basis for Judging: The best paper regardless of discipline (Communications, Electronics, or Transportation) will be selected for Best Paper award. Two papers, one in each of the two disciplines not represented by the Best Paper will then be selected for the Best Discipline awards
Presentation: At the VTS semi-annual conference (IEEE VTC)
Aim: To promote graduate-level study in Vehicular Technology
Prize: $7,500 and Certificate. Paid in two installments: certificate and $3,750 given upon submission of registration form indicating that winner has been enrolled in a graduate program. Second $3,750 given upon submission of proof of completion of first semester
Aim: To recognize those members of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society who have both served their Society and also have contributed to the development of radio technology and science in an outstanding and exemplary manner
Prize: $2,500 and Plaque. The plaque shall include the words “The Stuart Meyer Memorial Award” jointly presented by Ericsson and the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
Support: Funding will be provided by interest earned from an endowment fund provided by both Ericsson (50%) and the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society (50%). Ericsson will match funds with the Society; the Society’s portion of the fund will come from surplus proceeds from various conferences. The appropriateness of the endowment program will be reaffirmed by the Society’s BoG at least once every ten years. The endowment will be administered and managed by the IEEE Foundation
Eligibility: Candidates must be a member of IEEE and a member of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society. Currently elected Board members and appointed members of the award selection committee will not be eligible for this award.
Basis for Judging: The Stuart Meyer Memorial Award Committee shall accumulate and rank the list of candidates based upon the following criteria:
1) Years of IEEE membership as a member, a senior member or as a Fellow;
2) Years of VTS membership;
3) Years of elected office held in the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society;
4) Years of appointed office held in the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society;
5) Papers published in the Vehicular Technology Transactions or the NEWS;
6) Contributions to the development of radio communication technology and science
7) Patents that have been issued in the Society’s field of interest. Candidates must exhibit a level of service approaching what Stuart Meyer had provided before they will be considered. Furthermore, the selection criteria must be verified with documentation for the potential candidate (i.e., by checking IEEE records for years of membership, reviewing past VTS minutes for service, accumulation of published papers, past awards, etc). The awards committee shall submit a candidate (or a list of candidates in the case where two or more are qualified) to the Society’s BoG for approval. This approval process may take place either at a regularly scheduled board meeting, or via mail ballot.
Presentation: At the Society’s annual conference by the Society President, by the Society’s Awards Chairman, or by the Stuart Meyer Memorial Awards Chairman if so designated by the President
For sustained leadership in the VTS Board of Governors and outstanding contributions to the development of VTS Conferences.
For outstanding research, educational, and entrepreneur contributions to mobile communications devices and networks