F. Richard Yu received his PhD degree in electrical engineering from the University of British Columbia (UBC) in 2003. From 2002 to 2006, he was with Ericsson (in Lund, Sweden) and a start-up in California, USA. He joined Carleton University in 2007, where he is currently a Professor.
He received the following:
▪ IEEE Outstanding Service Award (2016)
▪ IEEE Outstanding Leadership Award (2013)
▪ Carleton Research Achievement Award (2012)
▪ Ontario Early Researcher Award (formerly Premiers Research Excellence Award) (2011)
▪ Excellent Contribution Award at IEEE/IFIP TrustCom 2010
▪ Leadership Opportunity Fund Award from Canada Foundation of Innovation (2009)
▪ Best Paper Awards at IEEE VTC2017-Spring, ICC 2014, Globecom 2012, IEEE/IFIP TrustCom 2009 and Int’l Conference on Networking 2005
His research interests include cross-layer/cross-system design, connected vehicles, security, and green ICT. He serves on the editorial boards of several journals, including Co-Editor-in-Chief for Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, Lead Series Editor for IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking, and IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials.
He has served as the Technical Program Committee ( TPC) Co-Chair of numerous conferences. Dr. Yu is a registered Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario, Canada, a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), and a senior member of the IEEE. He is a Distinguished Lecturer and a member of Board of Governors of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society.
For more articles from the VTS Mobile World Newsletter August 2017 Issue, visit: http://newsmanager.commpartners.com/ieeevts/issues/2017-08-05/email.html