|For the class of 2020, 22 VTS members were elevated to IEEE Fellow, and five of them were through VTS. Nominations are evaluated first by the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society Fellow Evaluation Committee and then by the IEEE Fellow Evaluation Committee.
IEEE Vehicular Technology Society receives nominations in the Society’s fields of interest, which include land transportation, railroad/mass transit, mobile communications, vehicular electrotechnology equipment and systems as well as land, airborne and maritime mobile services. Those technical areas are represented in the VTS Fellow Evaluation Committee.
2019 IEEE VTS Fellow Evaluation Committee
- Gerhard Bauch, Professor, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany (co-chair)
- Abbas Jamalipour, Professor, University of Sydney, Australia (co-chair)
- Kwok Chau, Professor, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Lajos Hanzo, Professor, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Inkyu Lee, Professor, Korea University, South Korea
- Dusit Niyato, Professor, Nanyang Technological University, China
- Hamid Sharif, Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- Gordon L. Stüber, Joseph M. Pettit Chair Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Jinhong Yuan, Professor, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Wei Zhang, Professor, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Kwang-Cheng Chen, Professor, University of South Florida, USA
Elected VTS Fellows Class of 2020
- Lin Cai for contributions to topology control of wireless networks
- Shanzhi Chen for leadership in standardization of wireless mobile systems
- Rose Hu for contributions to design and analysis of mobile wireless communications systems
- Thomas Kuerner for contributions to terahertz data communication
- Yan Zhang for contributions to resource management in wireless networks
Additionally, the following new fellows are VTS members that have been elevated through other IEEE societies:
- Chadi Assi for contributions to resource allocation for optical and wireless networks
- Mohamed Benbouzid for contributions to diagnosis and fault-tolerant control of electric machines and drives
- Wan Choi for contributions to the analysis and design of multi-cell communication systems
- Zhiguo Ding for contributions to non-orthogonal multiple access and energy harvesting communication
- Octavia Dobre for contributions to the theory and practice of signal intelligence and emerging wireless technologies
- Ashutosh Dutta for leadership in mobility management and security monitoring in mobile networks
- Feifei Gao for contributions to channel estimation and signal processing for wireless communications
- Song Guo for contributions to high performance and resilient distributed computing
- Daesik Hong for contributions to wireless and cellular communication technologies
- Markku Juntti for contributions to multiuser and multiantenna communications
- Mugen Peng for contributions to radio resource management of wireless networks
- Ana Perez-Neira for contributions to signal processing for satellite communications and systems
- Marco di Renzo for contributions to spatial modulation and to performance evaluation of wireless networks
- Joel Rodrigues for contributions to Internet of Things and vehicular communications
- Shahrokh Valaee for contributions to localization of wireless nodes
- Pengfei Xia for contributions to multi-input multi-output millimeter wave wireless communications
- Yonghong Zeng for contributions to spectrum sensing and medium access control in cognitive radio
On behalf of the IEEE VTS Board of Governors, I congratulate all for this outstanding achievement. VTS will recognize them formally during the Awards Luncheon of an upcoming IEEE VTC conference.
Further details about the IEEE Fellow program, including the nomination form are available at the IEEE website.
The next deadline for submitting IEEE Fellow nominations is 1 March 2020, and you are invited to consider nominating a member with extraordinary accomplishments.
For more information on the nomination process, please read the corresponding article in the December 2019 issue of VTS Mobile World.