The field of interest of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society is the theoretical, experimental and operational aspects of electrical and electronics engineering in mobile radio, motor vehicles and land transportation.
The function of the Society is to promote its objectives through the leadership of its Officers and Members in encouraging the exchange of both technical and professional information among members of the Society, and other groups, societies, and chapters of the IEEE. This function is accomplished by means of:
- Sponsoring technical conferences and seminars
- Publication of technical journals and books
- Awards of recognition for excellence
- Participation in the development of standards
- Membership support activities